• Information We Collect. When you use our Service, we may receive and collect certain information. The information that we may receive and collect depends on what you do when you visit our Service.
• Automatically Collected Information. Some information is automatically received and sometimes collected from you when you visit our Service. This information may include some or all of the following items: the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using and the IP address of your Internet Service Provider; your approximate geographic location; the type and version of Internet browser software you use and your operating system; the type of mobile device you are using, mobile device IDs or other persistent identifiers; the date and time you access our site, the length of your stay and the specific pages, images, video or forms that you access while visiting the site; the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Service, and if applicable, the search engine that referred you and any search strings or phrases that you entered into the search engine to find this site; and demographic information concerning the country of origin of your computer or other device and the language(s) used by it. We use this information to monitor the usage of our Service, assess its performance, ensure technological compatibility with your computer or mobile device, and understand the relative importance of the information provided on our Service. We may also use this data to conduct statistical analyses on visitors’ usage patterns and other aggregated data.
A cookie may enable the website owner to track how a visitor navigates through its website and the areas in which they show interest. This is similar to a traffic report: it tracks trends and behaviors, but does not identify individuals. Information gathered may include date and time of visits, pages viewed, time spent at the site, and the website visited just before and just after a visit to our Service.
Cookies can be set to expire: (1) on a specified date; (2) after a specific period of time; (3) when a transaction has been completed; or (4) when a user turns off his/her Internet browser. A cookie that is erased from memory when a visitor’s Internet browser closes is called a “session” cookie. Cookies that expire based on a time set by the Web server are called “persistent” cookies.
• Information You May Actively Submit Through Our Service. For some of the browsing on our Service, we may either require or collect “User Information.” User Information is information that could personally identify you, for example, your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address. When you register, we also ask you to provide certain other personal information, including your birth year, gender, zip code, user name, and password (the “Registration Data”).
You can browse our Service and take as much time as you want to review our services without having to submit such User Information; however, in the following instances, we do need you to actively submit User Information and/or Registration Data: (1) when you want to contact us via electronic means or website submission; (2) when you create your account; (3) when you join our customer loyalty programs, email lists, or social media networks; (4) when you create a listing for a project through the Service; (5) when you respond to a listing as a Hiree; or (6) when you respond to one of our surveys. E-mail or other forms of electronic communication, including website submissions, are not secure and/or confidential means of communication.
• Excluded Information. This policy does not extend to information available in public records. This information includes, but is not limited to, information about professionals such as information obtained from law enforcement, licensing agencies, or courts.
• Security. We strive to maintain internal controls and procedures to ensure that the Information (as defined below) you share with us is handled in a safe, secure and responsible manner. We have security measures to help protect against loss, unauthorized access and alteration of the information in our control. We will only disclose such Information to employees and authorized service providers who require such information for the purposes described in this Policy. Our databases are protected by physical, technical, and procedural measures that restrict access to authorized persons in accordance with this Policy. Although no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure, and we cannot ensure against any loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration, or destruction of data, we take reasonable precautions to prevent such unfortunate occurrences. Nevertheless, we cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on or transmit to the Service will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
• Personal Information About Children. Our Service is targeted primarily for use by adults. We do not currently market to or create special areas for use by children. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect age identifying information, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 years. However, we hereby advise all visitors to our site under the age of 13 not to disclose or provide any personally identifiable information on our Service. In the event that we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided personally identifiable information to us, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (please see the Federal Trade Commission’s website at https://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/tech/tec08.shtm for more information about this Act), we will delete the child’s personally identifiable information from our files to the extent technologically possible.
• Communications Through the Service.
• Email Communications. When you send an email to us, or provide your email address to us, you are communicating with us electronically and consent to receive communication from us electronically. With regards to email, we do not sell or give your email address to other companies for their own marketing purposes without your permission. However, we may use your email address, usage data, or other Registration Data to provide you with technical support, send you notices about the Service or other promotional offers you have elected to receive, and to match you with users and postings that are more relevant to your interests. We may occasionally work with data partners and advertising platforms to help increase the relevancy of ads we provide to our Users. In doing so, we may provide such companies with information representing an encrypted or hashed value derived from information you have provided to us, such as your email address. We may retain the content of your emails, your email address, and our responses in order to service your needs.
• How We Use and Share User Information. Our view on using your Registration Data or User Information is simple. We do not rent or sell your Registration Data or personal or User Information (collectively, “Information”). However, we may use or share your Information to better assist you when you visit and to provide and enhance your Service experience, including to do the following:
• To provide you with services and information you specifically request, and to send you special content that may be of interest to you.
• To analyze Service usage and enhance the user experience on our Service. We may aggregate or otherwise strip Information of all personally identifying characteristics and share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties for research and analysis purposes.
• To send you information that you agreed to receive.
• To alert you to the latest developments and features on our Service.
• To provide tips or guidance on how to use our Service, inform you of new features on our Service or provide other information that may be of interest to users.
• To process and track your usage history and to send you information about our and our affiliates’ and business partners’ products and services, and other information that may be of interest to you.
• To investigate, detect and protect Helping Neighbor and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activities.
• We may use or share your Information for any other purpose to which you expressly consent.
Without limiting anything to the foregoing, except where we otherwise obtain your express permission, we share your personally identifiable Information with third parties or other users only under the limited circumstances stated below:
• Information that you voluntarily include in a publicly accessible area of the Service will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other Service users.
• Information is subject to disclosure in response to judicial or other governmental subpoenas, warrants and court orders served on us in accordance with their terms, as otherwise required by applicable law, or in response to requests by law enforcement;
• Contact information may be disclosed to allow hosts of an event to contact users about past or current events through the Service if you have signed up for one of the hosts events.
• Information may be disclosed to carefully selected third-party service providers in order to provide services to you, such as to process payments; provide customer service; send or email Marketing Communications; maintain our customer loyalty program and database and other programs; monitor the activity of our Service; conduct surveys; and administer contests or sweepstakes. We will share your Information with our carefully selected third-party services providers on a confidential basis. These service providers are prohibited from using your Information for any purpose other than providing our services.
• Information may be disclosed to process credit card transactions. In this case these transactions are handled by established third party banking, processing agents and distribution institutions. They receive the information needed to verify and authorize your credit card or other payment information and to process your transaction. In addition, we may disclose Information to third parties to verify the authenticity of any financial transaction involving our company or its subsidiaries. These companies are authorized to use your Information only as necessary to provide the Services to you and in order to comply with their legal obligations. Helping Neighbor does not store or retain any of your credit card or other payment information.
We retain Information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations, and in accordance with applicable laws.
• Linking to Third-Party Service. When you click on links on our Service that take you to third-party websites, you will be subject to the third parties’ privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, we cannot be responsible for the actions of any third-party websites. We encourage you to read the posted privacy policies of any and every website you visit, whether you are linking from our Service or browsing on your own.
• Access to and Managing Your Information. We believe it is important for you to be able to: (1) find out what Information you have provided to us through our Service; (2) update your Information; (3) “opt out” of receiving future Marketing Communications; or (4) cancel your account. To inquire about your Information, update your Information, “opt” out of receiving future Marketing Communications, or cancel your account, please do one of the following:
• Access the “Settings” section of the Service;
• Send an e-mail with your request and current contact information to [email protected];
• Send a request in writing with your current contact information to: CEN GEN, LLC, 3422 N. Keating Ave., Chicago IL 60641.
• If you send an e-mail or letter request, please be sure to include your full name, address, phone number and e-mail address and indicate the specific nature of your request. If you want to “opt in” or “opt out” of receiving Marketing Communications, specifically what type of Marketing Communication (e.g., e-mail or direct mail) you wish to receive or stop receiving. This will ensure we identify you correctly in our systems and accurately process your request. We generally respond to email requests within 24 hours of receiving a request, but it may take up to 30 days depending on the volume of requests we receive. Until that change takes effect, you may still receive or not receive Marketing Communications from us.
Also, please note that even though you may have “opted out” of receiving Marketing Communications, you may still receive business-related communications. Please be aware that “opting-out” of certain third party uses may prevent us from providing certain services that you request.
• Closing Your Account. If you wish to close your account, you can do so through the “Settings” section of the Service, or by contacting us at [email protected] We will respond to you and close your account as promptly as possible. To guarantee your account is closed, we suggest closing it through our Settings.
• What You Need to Do to Protect Your Information. You have several options when deciding how you can best protect your Information. One option is simply not to volunteer it. As stated above, this approach would allow you to still visit our Service, although it will prevent you, for example, from listing a project or helping another user with their project, or providing us with your comments or questions relating to our services. The Federal Trade Commission’s website, www.ftc.gov, also offers useful information about how to protect personally identifiable information provided to a website.
• What to Do About Suspected Violations of This Privacy Statement. If at any time you believe we have not adhered to the policies and principles set forth in this Privacy Statement, please notify us using the contact information provided below. We will make all commercially reasonable efforts to promptly respond to your concerns.
• California Privacy Rights. Beginning on January 1, 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or write us: CEN GEN, LLC, 3422 N. Keating Ave., Chicago IL 60641.
• Send an email with your request and current contact information to [email protected];
• Send a request in writing with your current contact information to: CEN GEN, LLC, 3422 N. Keating Ave., Chicago IL 60641.